Monday, May 07, 2007

Wildflower 2007 - The Results

I finished! And I didn't die in the lake, despite the multiple nightmares I had last week! Including one in which my wetsuit was too big; it let in all the lake water and I drowned. Yes, I was a little nervous about Wildflower! But no need to be nervous anymore - I "pummelled" my first triathlon!

270 women completed the Olympic Course within the Female 25-29 division. And I placed 63rd!!!!! Here are the stats...

Total Time: 3:10:52

1.5K Swim Time: 0:32:21
Transition 1: 0:05:02
25K Bike Time: 1:35:01
Transition 2: 0:02:47
10K Run Time: 0:55:41

Overall, out of 2589 athletes who finished the race, I placed 958. I don't think you can ask for much more from your first triathlon. Especially when your first triathlon is the grueling, hilly course at Wildflower. There is a lot of room for improvement, but a lot of confidence to be gained from getting through my first race.

And of course, there are more stories to come. A narrative always accompanies a race, and my first triathlon - which includes losing a contact lens on the bike - is no different. But I gotta go to work, so that'll come tonight.

In the meantime, thanks for all the good luck messages. And special thanks to AER, my best friend and the most amazing triathlete. Thank you for getting me to tri this sport. I love it.

11 comments:

walchka said...

Nic rocked the house! Now that's that I'm talking about. Congrats on a great race and your frist tri. Hopefully there will be many more to come. Can't wait to hear about all the details!

Great job Nic!

a.maria said...

you out performed half the field. *shock*

you're an awesome athlete, girl. congrats on what sounds like an awesome race!!

Iron Jayhawk said...

You are a machine, Nic! Congrats on nailing your first triathlon. I'm impressed, lady :)

I can't wait for the full report.

Unknown said...

wow...impressive time on that course, and your FIRST race? talk about a baptism by fire! well done!

you should have yelled when you saw me on the hill! you dorque! that's okay, i'll still talk to you when you come down and do breath of life in ventura this summer.

Kate said...

awesome work Nic! that's an amazing time for wildflower (so I understand)! Congrats :-)

Cliff said...

no dying is all good :)

Hahha.congrats Nic for smoking Wildflower....be warn..the journey to triathlon only gets better (and hillier) from now on

Donald said...

Congrats on your strong race. You should have said hi to Jeff on the hill after the race - he was walking with me. :)

iJuls said...

Congratulations! Looking forward to your full report.

Trisaratops said...

Way to go, Ms. Triathlete!

You rocked a TOUGH course! I think you've deserved a massage/pedicure/insert unecessary treat here.

:)

Mike said...

You got some big cajones even toeing the line at Wildflower as your FIRST tri but you then proceed to kick some ass there!?! Very impressive- congrats!

Well done Nic!

Anonymous said...

Nice work, lady! Now give this girl a call back.