Sunday, December 24, 2006

A Decemberist

The holidays really sneak up on you when your walk to work takes you past palm trees. And now, it's already December 24! Christmas Eve!

Looking back on how crazy the past few weeks have been, I realize that I live for December. For parties and cookies and egg nog. Friends and laughing and shopping and presents. Cheesy music and singing. Red dresses and white lights. LOTS of white lights.

December is happy. It really is, "The Most Wonderful Time of the Year."

The month went by very quickly, and now it is time to officially celebrate the holidays. This year I'll have Christmas in Lake Tahoe. With my roommate, AER, in her cabin in Squaw Valley. It's a great cabin in a fantastic location, almost walking distance from the mountain. (You can see the lifts from the kitchen table - if you look out past the hot tub on the deck!)

It is beautiful up here. And I am very excited to spend the rest of December in Lake Tahoe. It will be a wonderful way to enjoy the rest of my favorite month.

A very Merry Christmas to you all...

11 comments:

Habeela said...

Merry Christmas! Enjoy!

Cliff said...

Merry Christmas!!!

Brooke said...

A hot tub?? I'm officially jealous.

running42k said...

Merry Christmas to you and all the best in 2007

runliarun said...

It's so refreshing to see that not everybody is cynical about the holidays :). Have a great time!

Spikey1 said...

All the best!

a.maria said...

i hope you had the merriest of christmas celebrations! don't forget to take some pics!

sarah (SHU) said...

hi nic -- i just spent an embarrassing amount of time reading your blogs and archives. you remind me so much of me (well, the me that has a real job and lives in a much cooler city). i'm also from philadelphia (havertown), love lists, like charlottesville, run (at a similar clip), and enjoy peanut butter in its unadorned form (as well as on pretty much anything). anyway, i really enjoyed reading your posts and i will definitely continue! i hope you had a wonderful holiday.

Anonymous said...

Dad says ... We all missed you this Christmas ... especially me! I am glad that you had a great time in Lake Tahoe ... it makes me want to go back there too. Love, Dad.

Mike said...

Nic- hope all is well and the new year is treating you well!!

Kate said...

Merry Christmas- it's great when people take pleasure in the holidays.