Monday, December 04, 2006

The Wild West

Living on the West Coast can make a girl go a little Wild...

And that's what exactly what I plan to tell myself when January rolls around and I begin my quest to complete a 1.5K swim, a 40K bike, and 10K run in Lake San Antonio, Monterey County, CA on Sunday May 6, 2007.

I'll tell myself that I'm WILD. Yes, wild. Wild, but not CRAZY!

I don't know, I'm a little nervous. Fortunately Walchka - who was in San Francisco this past weekend - seemed to think that my plans to take a swim/bike/run on the Wild side were pretty awesome. Come January, I hope I agree with him!

For now, though, I am feeling good. Great, even. I am finally starting to feel rested. And I am ready to tackle a new challenge... Well, I'll be ready in a couple more weeks. No need to rush into things. The goal is to be WILD. Yes, wild. Wild, not CRAZY!

9 comments:

Mike said...

Hey Tri-girl, welcome to the dark side! With your aerobic engine, definitely no worries Nic.

Wildflower is a big party- you'll love it!

Cliff said...

How come no CRAZY? I only joined tri b/c it is crazy....

be warn next thing u know u will be talking about Ironman and all those crazy (and WILD) stuff....

running42k said...

go Nic. I remember training for my first tri. As a fit marathoner I surprised myself with the first swim workout. Was humbling to say the least.

jillybean3 said...

Hey Nicole, Great to hear that you're doing Wildflower! That's awesome. If you want to train with people, SFTri is a great place :) I think I'm doing the long course there. I hope all is well, sounds like you've been burning the candle at both ends but great adventures in Espana!

Habeela said...

Just be warned - one Wild race and you'll be hooked. :)

Anonymous said...

Dad says ... Oh, the pictures from Spain were great! Also, don't you wish you spent a couple of more years on the Newtown Swimming team now? Good luck in your next athletic endeavor. I, of course, will be cheering you on! Love, Dad

walchka said...

I'll get working on your plan for Wildflower. You are going to love it this sport!

Thanks for a great time in SF. Next time I'll make it a longer stay.

Kate said...

Tri-training helped me to really enjoy training again, and to relieve some of the pressure that was coming with my running.

I have enjoyed the actual time on the tri course so much more than I enjoyed running races, and, whle being a humbling experience, it's now making me feel like I might want to run agaon!

Trisaratops said...

OK, now I'm even MORE freaking jealous I'm not able to make it out there!

Aggggggggggggh. If only I could win the lottery!

Have FUN! What a way to start off your tri career! :)