Monday, November 20, 2006

On the Road

For a while now, it has been hard to get started. Running. Going to yoga. Cleaning my room. Returning phone calls. And of course, writing.

But once I do get started, things aren't as bad as I think they'll be. I am always glad I went on that run. Or to that yoga class. I am always pleased with myself for cleaning my room. I am always happy after catching up with that old friend.

And with all that said, I do feel a little bit better about a few things. It is good to get in a benchmark of where I am out in the open. Because in the future, I will only feel "better" with a frame of reference for where I was.

And so, I am now officially on the road. Again. For the first time.

On the road, training for another race. (Kaiser Permanente San Francisco Half Marathon) I'm training with my roommate this time, which will be great. We'll run three-four days a week with plenty of cross training activities to keep it interesting. I am excited.

On the road, traveling for work and pleasure. I just got back from Phoenix and I'm headed to Philadelphia to visit my family for Thanksgiving tomorrow night. From Philadelphia, I'll continue onto Madrid for another work meeting, then onto Toledo for some exploration on my own.

On the road, to figuring out what I really want to get out of therapy. And on the road, to reaching inner peace and happiness.

8 comments:

running42k said...

Good luck on the road to happiness.

Since it is Thanksgiving, blog about what you are thankful for. Sometimes it is just a matter of perspective and once we list it, we realize how blessed we are.

You might want to leave the Eagles out of it. With McNabb going down it is going to be tough to get in the playoffs.

Anonymous said...

we are so in the same place right now. and literally we will be bc i'm moving to sf very soon and also planning to run the half marathon!!

i'll def be thinking of you while i train...and too ponder my future :)

Anonymous said...

i'm out of town, but i'd love to meet up for a drink next time you swing through!!

walchka said...

I suppose this means you are totally going to be out of town the first weekend in December when I'll be in the area. :(

Brooke said...

Happy Thanksgiving Nic!! And have a great time in Madrid. How exciting.

Donald said...

I've haven't followed your whole story, but I wanted to say good luck with your training, and with trying to find the happiness and satisfaction you seek. I hope things work out for you.

Habeela said...

Enjoy the trip - on all levels. :)

Cliff said...

I don't know why my blogline took so long to update your blog.

Just getting it started was hard..getting back to training.the rountine..but now that i am back at it..i dont' want it any other way....

Good to be in the groove again...

enjoy training w/ your roommate.