Sunday, February 25, 2007

And It Stoned Me

I had only been going a half mile when "the rain came pourin' down." And although it would have been totally acceptable to turn around and go back to my couch and television, I kept going.

Maybe it was the music. And maybe it was the chick in yoga pants who sprinted past me - who SHOULD NOT have sprinted past me - but something twitched. In a good way. And I settled into a pace and a rhythm that I haven't felt in...

I can't remember the last time I felt like that.

There was no gasping for breath as I plowed up the hill. There was no beg for mercy when I accellerated down the other side. As the path flattened out and The Bridge came into view, I felt lighter.

"Oh, the water!"

And then it stoned me. The sky opened up and it was slightly miserable, but entirely wonderful out there. My heart thumped and my stride increased. I glided across the pavement, to the bridge and back home again. Feeling as if I were six feet tall. Happy and healthy and balanced and exhausted and invigorated.

Distance: 8.5 miles
Time: 70 minutes
Pace: 8:15 min/mile

"It Stoned Me" by Van Morrision, from the album, Moondance.

4 comments:

walchka said...

Great run, post and I heart that feeling too...

Brooke said...

Sounds like an awesome run. My run today was slightly less wonderful. I hope I have one like you did soon.

Cliff said...

have u been riding on your bikey?

Joe said...

Nice run! Did you end up kicking Yoga Chick's ass? You can't take that kind of insolence from those people! ;-)