Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Sweetness

It has been a sweet week and a half - on many fronts. So sweet that I haven't had much time to write, but I'll be getting back into that soon...

1) Running: I'm running again. And I don't hate it! Yesterday AER and I went out for a morning trip to The Bridge and Back, completing 7 miles in 56 minutes. Yes, we are back in running shape. It's pretty sweet.

2) Swimming: I'm swimming again, too, for the first time since the early '90s. Yes, I have been getting in the pool and splashing back and forth since early January. But as of this week, I am really SWIMMING. As in, not stopping to suck in air after every few laps but actually paddling back and forth repeatedly. For extended periods of time, repeatedly. And completing, in 29:15, an entire mile. Yes, I'm swimming. I'm really swimming. It's really sweet.

3) Cycling: Yes, cycling. Not spinning, cycling. On a road bike. And not just A road bike, but MY road bike. My Orbea Aqua Dama. She is SUPER SWEET. See for yourself...


4) And Valentine's Day? Well that was also sweet. Really, really, sweet. Just like him.

13 comments:

mouse said...

so happy for you, Nic!

walchka said...

What a sweet ride...Glad to hear that things are going so well.

I want your bike!

Anonymous said...

Nice bike!

running42k said...

Nice to see that everything is coming up Nic.

Brooke said...

awwwwww

Cliff said...

sweet...

enough said..

Anonymous said...

Dad said ... Did you buy this bike? The ORBEA AQUA DAMA LADIES FRAMESET? -- wow -- my first car cost me $1999, it was a 1969 Chevy Nova. As always, I am very happy in your choices ... except for that part about the 3,000 miles ... LOL .... OK, See you on March 3rd. Love, Dad

Joe said...

Yay swimming!

Mike said...

Nic...congrats all around...new bike for you too!? Shaa-weet!!

R.E.M. Borja said...

Aww, I'm glad to hear everything is sweet with you. Sweetness!

I may follow you into the triathlon world eventually, but not until I tame this beast called the marathon.

Spikey1 said...

Smiles!

Faithful Soles said...

Nice bike. I've been a marathoner up to now, but plan to get into ultras (my first 50 miler in December) and then a half-Ironman and Ironman in 2008. I look forward to reading more about your training.

Iron Jayhawk said...

sweet indeed!