Thursday, June 28, 2007

Recharged

My poison oak is everywhere. My skin is screaming, and I cannot seem to divert my attention elsewhere. I cannot shave my legs! I am hairy, and I am miserable.

My Inbox is overflowing. And the message light on my telephone is steadily blinking. All the time… I can no longer find the white of my whiteboard. And there are papers everywhere. I am tired, and I am stressed.

My running shoes have become more of a decoration than a utility. And my stomach is a little mushy. My pants felt looser a few weeks and months ago. I feel gross.

Until you look at me. Or until you kiss my forehead. Then I am no longer cranky. I am no longer defeated or exhausted.

I smile, and I happily sigh. I am excited again. About everything. Despite hairy legs and a mushy stomach and a never-ending job.

I am recharged. Because of your smile, your warmth, your sincerity. Because of you.

3 comments:

Dad said...

Cole, Hang in there -- the poison ivy/oak/sumac goes away in about 10 to 14 days ... I have had that "itch" for near 50 years now ... it is never pleasant or expected -- but it does mean that summer is here. Happy 4th of July. Love, Dad.

Anonymous said...

Poison oak is terrible! Soak in epsoms salts, that always helps relieve my itching.

home fitness

Katie said...

love really conquers all, doesn't it?