Saturday, September 15, 2007

Quarantined

When I was a kid, I always wanted to get pink eye. To me, conjunctivitis was the BEST form of sickness. Why? Because overally, you feel fine, except for a red eye. And yet you're highly contagious so you can't go to school. Nothing to do for a few days except sit on the couch and watch a lot of television.

I never had pink eye as a kid, though. Maybe only once.

By the time I got to college, though, I got pink eye on five different occasions, always during finals. Apparently my eyes just couldn't stand up to the stress of final exams and the germs of all UVA students at Clemmons Library. Pink eye, as it turns out, does not mean sitting on the couch and watching a lot of television when there are final exams to be taken.

I have no idea how, but again this week, I contracted pink eye. Or some other strange eye infection - the doctor isn't quite sure. Pink eye, it seems, never comes at a good time. I had a system to launch this week, and I had to do it all from my prison cell bedroom with one eye.

PINK EYE SUCKS.

Four days have passed. My eye is no longer a second runny nose on my face. But I am tired. And I have missed a week of working out because I couldn't leave my room. So today's run should be interesting... But at least I'm no longer QUARANTINED!

1 comment:

shan said...

wow, i've been reading your blog for a while ... never realized you went to UVA. I did too! What a coincidence. wahoowa!