Sunday, September 02, 2007

What You Waiting For?

Labor Day in San Francisco - The summer has finally STARTED!

It has been a gorgeous weekend here in The City. A Friday night swim followed by a relaxing night with my book... A bike / BART ride over to Oakland on Saturday to see the A's Game followed by an evening in North Beach with new and old friends... A homemade Sunday brunch with My Guy followed by a long run out to The Bridge and back.

For the past several months I have been pulled in many directions, mostly towards my cubicle and all of the work that constitutes "The Busy Season" for a software company who consults to pharmaceutical companies and biotechs. However, now that summer in San Francisco is FINALLY here, there is only one thing to do - get out there and enjoy it.

With swims, and rides, and runs...

I haven't been able to find a triathlon that I can do this fall. I'm heading to Budapest, Hungary and Paris, France in the next couple of months for work. And though I would love to tell them that I have triathlons those weeks, I can't really resist a free trip - let alone TWO FREE TRIPS - to Europe.

So the only thing left to do is gear up for another marathon.

So to celebrate two years living in California, I am going to run the California International Marathon this year. There is no backing out - I can't let 2007 be the first year since graduating from college when I didn't run my favorite distance race - 26.2. The countdown to Sunday, December 2, 2007 @ 7:00 AM is on...

1 comment:

Brooke said...

wow. great trips. I can't wait to see the pictures