Thursday, November 15, 2007

Admiring the Consistency

Unbelievable. Wasn't it this time last year that I got so run down I had to miss a marathon? Maybe the fall ISN'T my favorite time of year. Because again, this time in 2007, I find myself unable to get off of the couch without wanting to collapse.

True, last year the lethargy was due to a severely underactive thyroid. And this year, the lethargy was most likely brought on after flying across the country and sometimes an ocean almost twice a week around for nearly two months. Not to mention the pesky bout of bronchitis I have managed to contract from that lovely re-circulated airplane air.

But, like clockwork, I am about to pull out of another fall marathon. This time, the California International Marathon, which I am scheduled to run in another three weeks. Maybe there will be time to get better, but I doubt it. I had to take a nap after making my bed this morning I felt so weak.

But maybe the fall just isn't the best time of year for me, anymore. Or maybe my body is just trying to tell me it is no longer a fan of the marathon! At any rate, my body's rejection of this 26.2 mile race is starting to work like clockwork...

Odd yes, but at least the signal is consistent!

1 comment:

a.maria said...

if it makes you fell any better, i'm pulling out of my second half-marathon for being sick as well.

get some rest!!