Saturday, November 24, 2007

Five Alive

At least I'm still amongst the living.

Sadly, I could not rid my mind of that pathetic thought during the end of today's run. I have one week until a MARATHON in Sacramento. And although it is nearly 100% downhill, I don't know how I am going to run it when I can barely get through five flat miles in San Francisco.

That respiratory infection last week has quite literally left me breathless. And while I don't want to quit - because I have been a little too eager to do that lately - I don't want to suffer through 26.2 miles of marathon. I've suffered through ten miles of marathon before and that was bad enough.

We'll see how tomorrow's loooooooonnnnnnnnnggggggggggg run goes. I'm hoping to be able to run for at least two hours. No point in tapering when you spent your entire training season buckled to an airplane seat and/or hiding under covers with a fever.

Ah, yes, but I am still alive. For now...

1 comment:

running42k said...

Nic, you are amazing, BUT, you can't do a long run a week before the marathon. You would be better off going for a 10km run with a good breakfast with friends and then pushing it next week.