Saturday, June 21, 2008

The Rome Top...

I have no idea how long this list is going to be. But I ducked into a cafe because I just cannot imagine not documenting all of the amazing things I have seen today.

In no particular order...
  1. Palm Trees. In Rome! How come I have never before seen a Palm Tree next to the Colloseum?
  2. Really? I look Italiana? Sono spiacente, sono americana... (I am sorry, I am American!) Please do not talk to me so quickly!
  3. Really? I look that American? The other 51% of this country thinks I am Italian. Please, at least say, buona sera!Siesta. It is effing HOT here. And no one should have to be awake for this nastiness.
  4. Straight men toting Louis Vutton bags.
  5. Straight men toting Prada bags.
  6. Straight men... looking dubiously straight, more or less. They are so in style.
  7. Really? I look Italiana? Sono spiacente, sono americana... (I am sorry, I am American!) Please do not talk to me so quickly!
  8. Really? I look that American? The other 51% of this country thinks I am Italian. Please, at least say, buona sera!
  9. Gelato.
  10. Sweating. I normally HATE sweating. But here, you just sweat, sweat, sweat. Then refer to numero nove, above.
  11. Full women in tight, tight, tight, WHITE pants and shirts.
  12. Full women bringing ME size SMALL in all stores.
  13. Chianti.
  14. Shoes! Why they never took Carrie to Rome for Sex and the City is beyond me...
  15. Montepulciano.
  16. Colorful buildings with lots of windows and large shutters.
  17. Key cards for lights. Sure, it is a little odd, but it is good for the environment and I never lose my hotel key!
  18. Mozzarella. So fresh and so...
  19. Pizza. If it is this good here, I am afraid to go to Napoli!
  20. Wine. Have I mentioned that before? Because really, all the wine, even the white wine (Mom!) is all amazing. And, if drank correctly, it yields no hangover.

It is 8PM now, time for more wine and gelato. Really, I know it is actually time for dinner, but I could not wait any longer. I was starving an hour ago. Round 2 coming up. Ciao!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dad says ... yes, you do look both Italian and American -- that is because you have the best of both inside you (and on the outside too.)
"Ti amo, arrivederci."

running42k said...

Enjoy yourself, but it seems you are.