Tuesday, October 17, 2006

8 Miles and Runnin'

I have just launched the largest software system I have ever built. And I am 100% exhasuted by the last six weeks of my life.

Not that I'm 100% recovered from the twelve weeks of business travel I endured from June through August. Every now and then, I still wonder if my watch is programmed for the correct timezone.

I am somewhat cranky. And sleep deprived. Stressed, and anxious. I am tired...

But I can't rest yet!

Because my flight for Chicago departs from SFO on Saturday morning at 6:00 a.m. And I'll be flying First Class (Oh, business travel does have its rewards!) headed for an arrival at ORD by 12:00 Noon. And then it's off to 2301 South Martin Luther King Drive.

I've got a Race Packet to pick-up!!!!

So this Sunday, October 22, find me in Chicago, IL. In the Preferred II Start Corral.

It's Chicago Marathon time, Baby. I'm not making any promises, as I have not put in the level of endurance training I put in prior to Rock N Roll back in June. (Really? A 20 miler?) But I have churned out a few 16 milers. And quite regularly - for whatever reason - I have complete brick cycle/run workouts. So it shouldn't be too much of a surprise that my new average 8 Mile pace is sub 8:00.

Throw in the fact that my friends from DC and UVA (LGA, EMI, ESB, and CCE) are all going to be in the crowds to cheer me on and that I know - really, I KNOW - to never, ever, drink PowerAde. Again. And, shit, the fact that I'm running with Walchka, and I realize I'm pretty effing excited to run this race. And it's about effing time!

I feel a playlist coming on...

10 comments:

running42k said...

Go ace the Windy City. Go Nic Go. I am pulling for you to qualify.

Habeela said...

Can't wait to hear how awesome you did! :)

Cliff said...

Congrats on finishing the system being built...

Have a effing good time!!

Ali said...

Good luck in Chi town!

Meredith said...

And did you see it's supposed to be snowing and raining on Sunday morning. Oh how excited I am to run a marathon in that slop.

walchka said...

Playlist, playlist...

So pumped to run with you til I start slowing you down and you drop me like a bad habit. :) I'm psyched for this weekend!

Brooke said...

Ohh, can't wait for the playlist...
Do you like Diddy/Puffy/Sean Combs/Whatever his name is?? He has a song out called "You Can Hate Me Now" that is awesome!! If you don't like four letter words than skip it, but it's an awesome song!!

Good luck.

a.maria said...

:(

so jealous. i wanna run with you!!

i know. not likely... more like i could bike while you run cuz no way could i keep up, but... still!

HAVE A GREAT TIME!!! i can't wait to hear all about the RBF meetups!

good luck and NO POWERADE!

Trisaratops said...

Hey! I am TOTALLY gonna be there cheering for you guys, somewhere in the midst of 40,000 people....hope to see you long enough to shout out to ya! :) Good luck, have fun, and kick some ass.

brent said...

12 weeks of travel during that amount of time, that is an absolute killer!!!! i don't know how you are able to stand upright.

have a great time in chi town! kick butt.