Monday, May 05, 2008

Wildflower 2008 - The Results

The results are slowly rolling in, but Wildflower 2008 was a success.

My total time of 3:05:44 placed met at 57th in my age group, and 981st overall. However, since the results aren't all posted yet (and the tricalifornia.com website is down!) I have no idea how many people actually competed on Sunday. So I don't really know what those places mean.

But, I did improve upon my time from last year. And I'm really happy about that - considering how much more time I have spent on an airplane this winter and early spring than I did last winter/spring. Anyway, here are the times...

1.5K Swim Time: 0:27:37 (almost an entire 5minutes faster than last year!)
Transition 1: 0:04:07 (almost an entire minute faster than last year!)
25K Bike Time: 1:34:53 (about the same as last year - 8 seconds faster)
Transition 2: 0:02:42 (about the same as last year - 5 seconds faster)
10K Run Time: 0:56:33 (about 2minutes SLOWER than last year... oops!)
Total Time: 3:05:44 (over 5 minutes faster than last year!)

Additional statistics, plus pictures and full report, will follow.

A weekend at Wildflower was just what I needed, though. I'm super pumped for Alcatraz and for the training that I will endure these final five weeks leading into the race. Bring on what was once unimaginable. I am ready.

1 comment:

running42k said...

Nicely done Nic. Improvement is improvement.