Sunday, November 13, 2005

Dream Date

Today The Homeowner and I had a daytime date. We went shopping for new furniture. And rugs. Some would say that this Dream Date is a little intense. Are WE/THEY picking out furniture together already? Are WE/THEY even a WE/THEY?

I don't attempt to answer those questions. The furniture and rugs wer for HIS apartment. My role was really quite simple...
  • Yes, the dark brown wood is better.
  • No, you don't want that living room set. It doesn't include a TV stand.
  • No, you can't turn a wine rack into a TV stand. Not when you're going to put a 42" plasma on it, anyway.
  • Yes, I'm having fun. You can't tell?
  • No, don't get a rug that sheds. You don't have a vacuum cleaner yet.
  • Yes, that's the rug. The other one is too brown to match the couch. This one is perfect.
  • Yes, I think a lavendar floral bedspread will look AMAZING in the master bedroom.
  • No? You'll lose focus if we look at artwork today?
  • Yes, check out Pottery Barn for a bedspread.
  • Yes, of course I was kidding about the lavendar flowers bedspread.
You can only begin to understand just how perfect of a date this was for me if you have seen me in action at IKEA. Sometimes the shopping trips make me squeal. Imagine my pure delight to be shopping for furniture that I won't have to put together! That I won't have to cart out to Honda by myself! That I won't even have to pay for!

Again, excited for another date. And hoping the furniture arrives sooner than later. Because the only thing cooler than shopping for new furniture is setting it up and testing it out at home. Er, HIS place.

I wonder if he'll let me paint...

1 comment:

Danny said...

Glad to see you're back. Got nervous when we didn't hear from you after your illness...

In the meantime, I see you've moved on from getting medications from the not-bad looking guy at the corner store, to shoppng for furniture with The Homeowner.