Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Re-fizzing

Late Friday night my cell phone started beeping. I had a new message. And it was from The Homeowner. He wanted to know if I was free for dinner.

Lesson Learned: Never let a cell phone company ruin a relationship.

We had dinner last night. And as we drove around the city trying to find a parking spot, I asked if I could have a sip of the soda that was in the cup holder of his car. He said it was kind of old and FLAT. (If he only knew...) He grabbed the soda as we were getting out of the car, and he tossed it into a nearby trash can. Which was exactly what I was thinking.

Dinner was GREAT. He is GREAT. I am... an over-analyzer. But I think I'm closer to reaching peace. I don't know if this relationship is going anywhere - Hell, I don't know if I want it to go anywhere. And (because I'm immature and I've been reluctant to ask him what HE thinks about all of this) I don't know if he wants it to go anywhere, either. But I think it's perfectly acceptable to classify "Dinner" as a destination. Dinner is one destination we're definitely heading towards again.

And that suits me perfectly. It's always great to re-fizz.

4 comments:

Okolo said...

If you ever want to try to get somewhere, the best advice I have (no, not that you asked for any) is to remember, communication truly is the key.

Start early saying any and everything to him. If he can respond likewise, you just might be on to something.

Anonymous said...

Dad says ... I agree with Okolo -- and I AM ALLOWED to give advice even when not asked -- this, of course is a genetic thing. Love Dad ......

P.S. I can't wait to see you for Christmas!

Spikey1 said...

Nothing like a good old fountain coke!

a.maria said...

*sigh*

you know whats sad? at this point? i aspire to dinner. i aspire to being in a relationship that i dont quite understand.

cuz as of right now? yeahhhhh, whole lotta nuthin goin on in this chicks corner.

go. be fizzy. enjoy!!