Sunday, December 11, 2005

Underwear in the Kitchen

Standing in my kitchen. In my underwear. Singing,"Bring It on Home to Me." Loudly. While ironing my pants.

My roommates are out. And I am getting ready to go to a dinner party. It is being hosted by the one person here I have actually befriended on my own. Sort of. And while I am genuinely excited to go out tonight, I can't think of another time when I have been more homesick for Washington. For my old apartment. And for my old friends.

I haven't stood in a kitchen in my underwear for over four months.

As I wipe away a tear, I laught at the ridiculous crap I miss. And the nonsense that makes me realize I miss it.

4 comments:

Danny said...

Should we be expecting a related post on "Pics by Nic"?

;-)

krys said...

ah, the imagery

Spikey1 said...

I was thinking along the same lines!

a.maria said...

i hear ya.. life's funny that way!