Wednesday, December 21, 2005

A Very Sac-Town Christmas

Very little in this world leaves me speechless. But 100+ people, mostly middle aged, alternating between the chicken dance and bumping to Tupac with their twenty-something children, all the while nearly black out drunk, on a Sunday night, while wearing designer jeans in the suburbs is just a little hard to wrap my head (which still hurts) around.

Additionally, very little in this world paralyzes my plans of action. However I stood at this party not knowing what to do with the rest of my life. Do I marry a wealthy Silicon Valley entrepreneur, make beautiful blonde children who grow up to play water polo at Cal or Stanford, and retire at 40 so that I can also throw very large insane parties on Sunday nights in my gated community? Or do I...

Wait a minute. Plan of Action still very much in tact.

I love California.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dad says ... YES -- Marry the rich and wealthy guy! And, oh, BTW, On the East Coast --- you have already seen many of your aunts and uncles and great aunts and great uncles for that matter (including grandparents) doing the chicken dance, hand jive, macarana, Mexican Hat dance and other 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's, etc. dances at weddings and Christmas parties! Not to mention tap dancing in kitchens. Love Dad,