Monday, January 16, 2006

Location, Location, Location

Around the corner from Grace Cathedral. Nob Hill. San Francisco. California. West Coast. This Location, Location, Location is fabulous.

Still, sometimes I find myself staring up at the Sacramento Street Mountain with fear. Empty and afraid of the landslide of loneliness that screaches down the hills and swallows me.

Luckily, she's been there. And at Speed Dial #2, second only to my voicemail, she is within easy reach. Our friendship defies the thousand miles for each Location, Location, Location that separates us.

Her voice is soothing. S
he reminds me to breathe. I gather my courage, and I surface from the flood of tears. She walks me home, empowering me to conquer tonights' emotional double black diamond.

And when I do make it to the top, winded and teary eyed, it does feel good to be here.
San Francisco - it has its ups and downs. Oh, the prices we pay for Location, Location, Location.


3 comments:

running42k said...

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.

Have a great day.

Spikey1 said...

Want to trade location, location, location? :)

Anonymous said...

Dad says ... Hang in there and cheer up -- or -- Smile, and have a Happy Day! (ha ha ha) ... Instead of being on the Left Coast -- you could be at 467 in BR #2 or even in NJ ... See, things could always be worse. Love Always, Dad.