Wednesday, August 23, 2006

SOS Please

"Someone help me.
It's not healthy.
For me to feel this way..."

I am still at my desk.
I have a million more pages of documentation to pull together before I'm, "DONE." (Whatever that means.)
I don't expect to sleep tonight.
I am icing my left wrist.
Because I think I have carpal tunnel syndrome.
I have not had a good run in two weeks.
In fact, I have barely run three times the past two weeks.
And to prove it, I have a fucking WORK injury and not a RUNNING injury!

I am running in Hood to Coast on Friday.
Er... Saturday. Our start time is something like 9:00 PM.
And I'm running Legs, 12, 24, and 36.
So I probably won't be running until the wee hours of Saturday morning.
And even though this 195 mile 12 person relay race is supposed to be AWESOME, I just kind of don't want to do it.
Because I'm tired and cranky and stressed and overworked.
And because I'd kind of rather spend the weekend in San Francisco for once...

Oh, I am not ready for this race at all.

So if you thought I was dead, I'm not.

But I likely will be come Saturday evening upon crossing the finish line on the Coast in Oregon.

(HUGE EFFING SIGH)

11 comments:

running42k said...

That run relay will be just the tonic you need. The rest you have been impossed on will probably help too. Big kick in September and you are ready for Chicago.

Habeela said...

I'm sure this isn't going to help but my word! You've been busy! Hope the race turns out to be so fun you'll forget how tired and stressed you are.

Cliff said...

Didn't we once run to relax ourselves? I say you definitely need (or deserve) that..forget about time and readiness..just go in and have a blast..

To be honest, u have run a couple of marathons..i am sure your base is strong enough for the relay :).

It sounds fun...unlike work :(

walchka said...

You should apply for worker's comp. :)

You'll do great this weekend and it sound like it will be the break you need. The Hood to Coast is suppose to be an amazing race. Just go out and enjoy...

Anonymous said...

Nic,
I did "The Relay" - formerly called the "Providian relay" - and through the sleep deprivation I had A LOT OF FUN. It sounds like just what you need. Go and enjoy it.

Anonymous said...

How cool.... OREGON?! Good for you! You make me so proud!

Hope last night's work wasn't as awfully terrible as you thought it might be. Chin up, YAY PORTLAND!

Missing you!

a.maria said...

damn gina. you need a vacation. a REAL vacation. sersly.

Lloyd said...

I'm jealous, I've wanted to do that race for some time. I imagine you'll have a blast...once you get out there and running down the road.

Don't forget your favorite caffiene. And a pillow!

Brooke said...

Hopefully you will feel better once you get out there running again.

Iron Jayhawk said...

Oh my goodness!!! You're such a star.

Looking forward to the report.

Neese said...

ah i was just hearing about hood to coast the other day, cool beans, looking forward to your report, i bet it will have been good to get out there after being chained to your desk.