Friday, February 08, 2008

The Enemy

I hate my scale.

He is REALLY such a bastard. I can't even tell you what he said about me today! He said I weighed... like, well... a totally unacceptable number. I gave him a chance to tell me something different - to apologize for perhaps mis-speaking. But he had nothing else to say. Just the same old shit, over and over and over again.

So I laced up my shoes and went outside for a morning 5 mile run. Fuming, I dashed through the fog. And after I settled into a rhythm - meaning, I finally calmed down a bit - I began wondering if perhaps I had taken what he said out of context.

But I got home, and after a run, my scale basically said the exact same thing to me.

SHIT!

Strict training, here I come...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Of all the machines that are in the gym (weight machines, treadmills, steppers, bikes, etc. etc. etc. -- the one I hate the most is the f-ing SCALE.