Sunday, February 03, 2008

London Lagging

It has been nearly a full week in London. Working late at night. Only to wake up early in the morning. Sitting down with clients. Eating out with them afterwards. Drinking, walking, drinking, walking, drinking, walking...

I'm bloody exhausted!

The trip was successful, though. Work went well. Mom arrived safely. And considering the fact that she cried at Buckingham Palace and is now passed out on the sofa next to me, I am pretty sure that she had a good time.

I spent Tuesday - Friday working throughout the day and entertaining throughout the night. Saturday and Sunday I traversed the entire city with my mom by foot and by train, but mostly by foot. We clocked about nine miles on Saturday and another five today. Not sure how many on Thursday, but I bet by the time we make it to our gates tomorrow, we'll hit the 20 mile marker.

In our four days together, we drank fewer than two bottles of wine and only a six pack (dispersed in pints throughout the city!) of beer. Only one dessert, but plenty of chips, though!

Not to mention pics! But they are going to take a while to upload, so... Cheers to a long week in London for business AND pleasure. It is time to go to bed.

No comments: