Sunday, February 24, 2008

No Business Like Snow Business

Here is the VERY short list of things I wanted for my 28th birthday, this year:

1) A vacation day from work (No one should really ever work on their birthday.)
2) A day snowboarding with My Guy (Tahoe, here we come!)
3) Ice cream (Chocolate. Obvi...)
4) MBT Sneakers (thanks, Mom!)
5) Birthday Sex (Stop gasping. If you don't want sex on your birthday, you are LYING.)

We planned to leave the office on Thursday February 21 by 2PM. True to form, we busted out of there at 6:05 PM, and arrived to pick up our rental car too late. So... City Car Share Coming Through it was. We walked to my house, packed my bags, picked up the Corolla, grabbed all of his things, bought falaffel sandwiches on Haight, and were on the road out of the city by 8:30 PM.

So typical of us...

A couple hours into the drive, we reached the snow line, and realized the small storm was turning into a rather large one. But after getting kicked off the highway and made to purchase snow chains - which really irritated My Guy from Colorado who has driven across a 14-er in an Acura, or so the story goes - we finally made it to the cabin.

It was an awesome weekend. Foot up on foot upon foot of fresh powder. Which was difficult for me to navigate at times, but incredibly fun to fall in.

Happy Birthday to me...

2008.02.22 - Birthday Weekend in Tahoe

No comments: