Saturday, June 17, 2006

Meet the Parents

Dad, Mom, and Brother are in San Francisco!

...For EIGHT days.

Close your eyes. OK, in through the nose - hold it at the top. And now, exhale slowly. (Repeat.)

Yeah, we're past cleansing breaths at this point. Maybe I need a long run. Or a stiff drink. Or a lot of drugs. Maybe all three? Or perhaps I just need a healthy dose of patience. I wonder if they sell patience at the corner store? Do you think it comes in easy to swallow gel caps?

One day down, seven more to go. Of Forced Famliy Fun at its San Francisco FINEST.

Alcohol will probably be really helpful, though. Good thing we're going to Napa tomorrow!

11 comments:

pookalu said...

woohoo! i love parental visits. ok, not really, but really yes.

and after your issue with protein bars/protein gel bars (whatever it is that got you sick during your run), maybe you don't want the gel caps....

are they staying with you?

jeanne said...

that is a LOOOOONG visit from anyone, even people you're in LOVE with...(not that you don't love your family, but geeze!)

Try Lamaze breathing next. it works wonders.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with that - I'm sure it will be fine.
And I must say I LOVE Napa - especially Sliver Rose and Clos Pegaus.

mouse said...

oh good grief. I spent about 6 hours with my family today and thought, "ok. that's enough. really, it is."

good luck, nic.

Cliff said...

Forced Family Fun :)....

oh i remember those days..:D

a.maria said...

awwwww, "DAD SAYS" is in town!!!

for.... a week.

a.maria says....

GOOD LUCK!!! and take some cutie family pics, we gotta get a visual of "DAD SAYS"!! hee hee.

Michele said...

Good luck with the family visit.
How many long run have you gotten in? I tend to run for longer when I just don't want to go home!

Anonymous said...

Just wondering how it is going this far into your parents visiting. No posts. Hum? Hopefully that means that you are having too much fun to blog.

Rich said...

Parents - can't live with them, can't live without them! Hope you survive unscathed.

Anonymous said...

you've been tagged - check out my blog to find out more

Brooke said...

Oh honey, we have all been there. I'm deep breathing my way through a 10 day visit from our 11 year old neice.