Monday, October 31, 2005

A Berkeley Break

On Friday, Honda and I became official San Francisco residents. We went to the DMV not once, but twice to obtain our official documents. A California driver's license for me, and a registration for Honda. She is SO excited to no longer have to hide out in the Presidio. And I am elated to have passed my first driving test in nine and a half years.

Yes, a driving test. It was only written, though. But I would have killed to show off my parallel parking skills. When I was 16 I nearly overheated my dad's Camry trying to parallel park between two trash cans ouside my parents house... If Duncan's School of Driving could see me now.
Three years of city living, not to mention a few months in San Francisco moving my car almost every two hours and I can practically parallel park with my eyes closed. On hills on the left side of the street, even. Not that I'm anxious to try that out anytime soon. Honda is still recovering from The Trek...

Anyway, on Saturday, I celebrated my new license and registration by taking my first drive since I moved to San Francisco. Seriously, I have been here for two months and only accumulated 50 miles on my car. Mostly from driving around the block moing my car every two hours. It was nice to cross the bridge and not have to worry about hills for a few hours...

We went to Berkeley, walked around town, and checked out the campus. There were no Adam Duritz sightings, but I spotted a lot of future Chrismukah presents for many of you. I hope you like hemp and cheesy t-shirts.

Until then... check out the pics!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dad says ... "Chrismukah?" -- what was wrong with "Festivess?" Dad