Saturday, July 08, 2006

Let's Get It Started....HAH!

Last Monday morning, even after a weekend of fraternity-style revelry with my college guy friends, I laced up The Asics. And I headed out the door - with ESB - over to the path that follows Lake Shore Drive along Lake Michigan in Chicago.

I ran for about 6.5 miles.

And I had every intention to keep the streak going last week. But Fourth of July got in the way. And then it was a delayed flight back to San Francisco. And I couldn't get past the absolute necessity to spend some time hunting for a new apartment.

But now that it's Saturday, and I'm actually in my very own bedroom with nothing to do except some laundry and a few errands, I am happy to report that I'm ready to get it all started again.

So, even though I'll be on the road next week, in St. Petersburg, FL and my second home of Chicago, IL, the 3:40:59 or Bust Chicago Marathon 2006 Training Program SHALL COMMENCE!

6 comments:

Brooke said...

On your mark....Get Set...GO!!!!

Neese said...

yeeahh i'm excited for you just reading your plan, you will rock this! enjoy the journey!!

Taunya said...

Good luck on your training.

repeat after me....

CHICAGO! CHICAGO! CHICAGO!

Spikey1 said...

Hmmm Chicago .....

remember me??

a.maria said...

whew. okay. i'm officially all caught up on you!!!

one... the wedding sounds like an awesome time. ive got 4 weddings this fall, one of which is a guy from a group of guys very similar to yours, and i totally get what you were saying/feeling, esp. with the "its not the same with my girlfriends" bit... its surreal to be going to their wedding. nuts.

two. i don't even want to attempt to even contemplate your training schedule, thats nutty. well done you.

three. that being said, i have a wedding the weekend of chicago (my ex's wedding. oy.) but its in st. louis and..... i dunno. i'm thinking there might just be a way for me to figure out how to get out there to cheer you on. so... yay that brilliant idea that just came to me! and much luck and speed with your training!!

four. i'm not sure there's a four. but i've def'ly missed your blog lately (not that i've actually been posting myself. its a busy time of year) but it was good to catch up!!

whew. ok. i think thats it!!

Mike said...

Solid schedule there Nic...hats off to you for jumping right back in and not looking back! You have been running / racing a ton.
Also caught your comment regarding hood to coast...are you racing that as well!? whoa!