Saturday, July 16, 2005

8AM on a Saturday

Waking up on a Saturday morning without a hangover has been a rarity these past few weeks. But this morning, miracle of all miracles, I awake without a burning desire for water, Advil, coffee, and Diet Coke. The day is full of promise.

A quick run, followed by a yoga class. Maybe I'll stop in at Tryst to read my book and get some coffee. I may head to Pentagon City for a last Northern Virginia mall "fix." I'll drop off my old clothes at Goodwill, too. And pay some bills and possibly do some packing and cleaning. Likely won't get to the laundry, but it's a noble aspiration.

And in case anyone is wondering, I'm not ashamed to admit that the completion of all of these tasks is going to be made possible only because I stayed in last night and went to bed at 11PM.

Yes, I am striving to re-live all that DC has been to me the past three years during my final month in town. Yes, that may sadly involve a night at Tom Tom and another at Third Edition. It will also involve more noble evenings at Blue Room and Local 16. And it will certainly involve a Friday night in front of my television, eating cereal for dinner while watching (OK, interacting with) Zoolander.

I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments: