Tuesday, July 26, 2005

West Philadelphia

Saturday night I was sitting on the couch at my parents' house with my dad. The family had all left and we were trying to find something on TV to watch. However nothing was on, and we were flipping back and forth between the Golf Channel and CN8, a Philadelphia sports channel.

I wasn't in the highest of spirits. Until a new Philadelphia Eagles commercial aired. It featured a man (possibly someone famous, although with whom I am not familiar) dressed as a teacher. He was standing in front of a map of the United States with lots of thumb tacks in various cities. He pointed...

1. To Philadelphia - AKA "Center City Philadelphia"
2. To Boston - AKA "The Great Northeast"
3. To Dallas - AKA "South Philly"
4. To San Francisco - AKA "West Philadelphia"

Then he wrapped it all up with a nice, "E-A-G-L-E-S, EAGLES!"

It's Eagles Country, Baby. I'm moving to San Francisco, but on Sundays or a few select Monday nights, yous guys can find me in West Philadelphia. (Does anyone know of a good Eagles bar in San Francisco?!?!?!)

No comments: