Thursday, July 28, 2005

Cleaning My Plate

I should be working right now. It's after 5PM, but I should be working right now. Instead I am longing for the days when cleaning your plate excused you from the dinner table. These days, cleaning your plate results in your boss giving you more plates.

Just to be clear, I love my job. I love my job so much that I'm packing it up with me and bringing it to San Francisco. I just hate how many plates are being stuck on my shelf.

I hate the expensive plates whose functionality is useless. And I hate the paper plates that think they're Lenox China. I really hate the broken plates that I'm putting back together with Krazy glue. And I seriously hate the plates that are hot and "fresh" from the oven. Fresh in that, "We kind of burned this one..." way. And I also just really hate that so many of the bad plates make my good plates look bad.

I don't think all of these plates are going to fit in my Honda Civic.

I better talk to my boss about shipping...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha! I like that analogy. Life as a stack of plates. At least you have a Honda Civic to tote your plates -- don't you just love your little Honda? I have the same car and I adore it. It's zippy. And it gets great gas mileage -- rivaling that of the eco-friendly cars for in-town driving. I just learned that and it made me love my little car all the more. Best on your move! -- j