Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Signed, Sealed, Delivered


San Francisco, I'm officially YOURS. Sort of. At least my rent money is. I signed the lease to my apartment and put my first rent checks in the mail today. Somewhere in that picture to the right is my new apartment. Somewhere in that picture is my new life. It makes me want to run to the bathroom to get sick and run around dancing and singing all at the same time. Now that I have a place to call home - officially - everything is now much more real.

And naturally, everything is also that much more scary. And exciting. And sad. My clothes are all moved out of my place in Adams Morgan. My pictures and books are all packed in boxes. I cancelled my cable, and phone, and Internet, and electricity. And I'm feeling a little bit lost at the moment. Especially as I write this from my cubicle while thinking how badly I want to curl up in my bed that no longer exists as I knew it...

But on the bright side, I have this picture that I stare at all day. And I hear we can sit on my new rooftop and view the Golden Gate Bridge. And Old Roommie has already booked a flight to come and visit me. OK, she's coming to attend a wedding and see some family, but I am going to pick her up at the airport, so for all intensive purposes she's coming to see me. And the logistical mess that is my cross country road trip is starting to come together. And...

I'm moving to San Francisco!

I'm moving to San Francisco!



No comments: