Sunday, January 27, 2008

Back from Buenos Aires

I am glad to be back from Buenos Aires. Yes, even though I am only sitting at Dulles Airport waiting for my connecting flight back to San Francisco. I had a great time in Argentina, really. The food was great, the people were friendly, and I had a lot of fun exploring the city. But sometimes, and mostly when I'm traveling by myself, I am always eager to go home.

So, before I forget them, here are the highlights and lowlights of my trip...

GOOD: Vegetables. They were always fresh and fantastic.

BAD: Losing an entire day there because of a riot at the airport. Yes, it turns out that the "weather-related" issues I was told were the reason for the delay of my outbound flight had more to do with union-government relations at the Buenos Aires airport than with actual weather.

GOOD: Coffee. They even poured you an American size serving instead of a small shot of espresso.

BAD: Buenos Aires is pretty dirty...

GOOD: Lots of parks! And lots of guys playing soccer.

BAD: I fell asleep at the tango show. Granted, I was exhausted and I probably had one glass too much wine, but seriously. I wasn't very entertained. And I danced for 18 years!

GOOD: Argentine beef. I allowed myself to indulge in a nice steak. I could cut it with a butter knife.

BAD: My ability to communicate in Spanish. Everyone slurred the words differently than I'm used to hearing. I had a hard time understanding anyone unless I specifically requested they speak slowly and clearly. Bummer!

GOOD: We'll end on a high note, here. The wine was AMAZING. I definitely drank too much of it and never once had a hangover. It was like candy!

Here are pictures from my couple of days... Disfrute! (Enjoy)


2008.01.26 - Buenos Aires

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Welcome home!!

running42k said...

Sounds like a great although brief trip. Good food, good wine and you even got in some workouts.