Friday, January 25, 2008

Buenos Aires Day 1

Sadly, I did not leave the hotel yesterday. But I am LOVING Buenos Aires...

I arrived late on Wednesday evening, but still in time to enjoy ONE glass of Malbec at the hotel bar. I woke up early enough on Thursday to hit the gym before breakfast and my meeting. Breakfast was great - lots of fruit, lots of vegetables, and great coffee.

Meeting went well, but I'd really like to focus on lunch. I ate entirely vegetarian. And I didn't go hungry! The buffet lunch included lots of vegetables. Fresh, marinated, roasted, grilled... Peppers, onions, tomatoes, eggplants, green beans, zucchini, squash... AMAZING.

I unfortunately spent the entire afternoon and early evening working. Catching up on all the stuff I have going on back in San Francisco and coming up next week in London. I seriously do not have time to be at this meeting, but I intend to make the most of it.

So after a stressful afternoon, I joined the team for dinner and was again VERY impressed with the spread. More vegetables and some fish this time, and lots and lots and lots of wine. Too much wine. The waiters kept filling my glass and because I have a problem NOT drinking good wine that is poured for me (it can't go to waste!) I drank a lot of it.

However, I still managed to wake up this morning in time to take myself to the gym, so I must not have drank THAT much!

So that about sums up day 1: Lots of annoying, stressful work, spliced with lots of good, healthy food, and wrapped up with lots of fantastic Argentine wine. Let's hope I make it outside tomorrow!

1 comment:

a.maria said...

i hate you.

buenos aires is like top 3 of places i want to visit.

you best take some pictures lady!