Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Delayed in Dulles

The Terrible Travel Fairy has landed on my shoulder again. I am supposed to be three hours from landing in Buenos Aires, and yet, I am sitting by Gate C2 at Washington Dulles airport. Why? Because, of course, my connecting flight to Buenos Aires from Washington is delayed.

And since the Terrible Travel Fairy is on MY effing shoulder - again - my flight is delayed approximately ten hours. TEN. How is that possible? Can't United just get us another effing aircraft? And why is it again that weather in LaGuarida is messing up my flight from Washington to Buenos Aires?

Well, given this terrible travel luck, and the fact that my flight to the other side of the world is now NOT overnight and will be during the daytime, I just upgraded myself for another $654 to first class. Traveling in economy for almost 8000 is inhumane, but I can manage it when I can go to sleep.

One less day for me in Buenos Aires, but at least when I arrive there will actually be able to give my presentation without slurring my words... Bring on the mimosas!

1 comment:

rinusrunning said...

delayed is Terrible en not oké, goodluck.
Groet Rinus from Holland.
http://rinusrunning.punt.nl/?home=1