Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Easy Running


Throughout most of the summer, and especially throughout The (Last) 12 Days of DC, I just sort of forgot - intentionally - that I am registered for the Nike Women's Marathon on October 23, here in San Francisco.

So, yesterday I decided to suck it up and go for a run. My first run in San Francisco. I headed down Sacramento Street and North on Van Ness, and I quickly found myself at the edge of The Bay. I headed east again and had a rather pleasant run. And I got in about 5 miles. I think. I hope...

It's amazing how easy it is to run when the wind in your face doesn't feel like a hair dryer. Or the air that you breathe isn't sopping wet. And sweat isn't polluting your eyes.

It's amazing how easy it is to run when you're staring at the Golden Gate Bridge. And all the San Francisco hotties who are running alongside of you.

In the words of (in my opinion) the greatest of all the easy runners, "The Penguin" John Bingham, "Waddle on, Friends!"

No comments: