Sunday, August 21, 2005

Oh BLUE-tiful

I drove another 530 miles today. Again, it took about 9 hours after all of my pit stops (someone has GOT to invent something to increase my bladder size) and the fact that I was slowed by very heavy rain in Mississippi. I know, right? MISSISSIPPI!!!

I've been so incredibly bored with myself the past year in DC. But today I was inspired, overwhelmed, scared, and invigorated. Today, as I laughed at myself for squealing (literally) upon crossing the Alabama State Line and entering the Central Time Zone, I amused myself.

I've been amusing myself all day, in fact; and I'm in a great mood. Honda is functioning not only as a method of transport, but as a glorious concert hall. Seriously, if Jack White were riding shot-gun today, he'd have asked me to join the White Stripes. I was that good. I'm in such a good mood that I even found myself singing, "America the Beautiful" while driving through 'Bama. Gazing at clear blue skies and green hills all morning makes it rather difficult to fight the feelings of patriotism. I had to sing.

Having successfully reached New Orleans, I walked out onto Bourbon Street to grab a Sausage Po Boy and Miller Light for dinner. Sitting alone in the restaurant, I concluded that what I felt in the car today was freedom. And I am confident that there really isn't much in life that can generate more satisfaction than traversing through unknown territory with your life in your backseat.

Today's License Plates: AL, AR, AZ,
FL, GA, MA, MD, MS, NC, PA, SC, TN, TX, and VA.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dad says ... What is with the Spam blog comments?