Saturday, August 06, 2005

The (Last) 12 Days of DC

In the words of my pseudo big brother, I will soon be "joining a fledgling high-tech company, riding it to the top, selling out and completing [my] transformation into a corporate bulldog." So both in honor and direct avoidance of these events, we thew a party. One last chance to dance, party, and drink with the DC Young Professionals. One last chance to reminisce about songs I used to dance to...

5 handles of liquor.
4 magnums of wine.
3 bottles of champagne.
2 Kegs.
And 1 girl happily passed out at 1:30 AM. (Yes, she made it past midnight!)

Yes, 40 of my closest friends (and then some?) showed up to send me off to SF with a headache.
Yes, I wore an "I [heart] DC" shirt.
Yes, I drank too much champagne.
Yes, I had mascara streaks down my cheeks, for I did cry at the end of the night.
Yes, a few of the guys sang "Afternoon Delight" to me to try cheer me up.
No, I don't remember any of it.

Which means, it was a great party. We did dance. And we did drink. And we certainly did party. Although I never got around to showing everyone all the dances I used to do...

Lucky for all of you, I haven't been effective in planning my cross country drive. So I still have one more weekend in DC. I've got my costumes ready and my drinking face is still in the GAME ON position.

Let The (Last) 12 Days of DC Begin!
It's a tentative schedule, but I think it about sums up how I will be spending the last 12 Days of DC...
  1. August 7 - Recovery Day
  2. August 8 - Keg Clean-up and Coldstone Run
  3. August 9 - Arlington Trail Run and Dinner with Percy
  4. August 10 - Cafe Saint Ex with Special Guest, Mr. F!
  5. August 11 - Studio Serenity Yoga + Tryst (or Adams Mill?)
  6. August 12 - Adams Morgan Bar Crawl Complete with Jumbo Slice
  7. August 13 - Daytime Brunch & Booze, Evening U Street Bar Crawl
  8. August 14 - Memorial Bridge Morning Run (ha ha!), Evening Dinner Party with Special Guest, Mrs. F!
  9. August 15 - Chadwicks Half Price Burger Night
  10. August 16 - Recovery Night (Except for the Pi Phis...)
  11. August 17 - Rosa Mexicano Happy Hour
  12. August 18 - One Last Diner Breakfast
Remember, The (Last) 12 Days of DC isn't just for those who are leaving town, so start those liver pep talks and I'll see you all at Cafe Saint Ex on Wednesday!

4 comments:

Katie said...

sweet merciful detox!

Anonymous said...

I think you better cut back on the booze.

Anonymous said...

I also think that you better stop smoking those damn cigarettes -- I know, I speak from exepience!

Anonymous said...

I also think that you better stop smoking those damn cigarettes -- I know, I speak from experience!