Thursday, August 11, 2005

Funky

Tonight I'm not doing a good job at sticking to The (Last) 12 Days of DC Plan. At all. Car issues and just a rough day prevented me from making it to yoga. And that prevented me from having the energy to go out and sit at Tryst. I'm starving and I don't feel like eating anything as much as I feel like eating a grilled Nutella with berries from Tryst. And yet I'm sitting here at the 'puter.

I can't explain the funk. I guess I wish more friends were calling me to go out. But everyone is on vacation or already out to dinner with other friends and family. And I'm feeling slightly sorry for myself, so I'm not being rational, and I feel like I'm kind of watching them go on with life without me here. Already. I'M STILL HERE! Call!

Oh, but I can explain the funk.

I'm lazy. Staying with friends who live a 7 minute bus ride away from the 18th Street strip instead of my old 7 minute stroll. I just don't feel like riding the bus. I already rode public transportation today and it made me cherish - yes, CHERISH - my bumper to bumper commute down Route 7 onto I-66. (Air condition and NPR vs. my face in someone's sweaty armpits? It's a no brainer!)

I'm sad. Work has been so bad for so long - it's finally starting to get better. I feel like I'm jumping ship right as it's about to get really good. And I know I'm taking my job with me, and I'm not really leaving. But I am. And part of me is going to miss the 2 hour long PM meetings. And the trips to Fuddruckers. And the megaphone. And the look the programmers give me when they can't quite tell if I seriously did just do a cartwheel to keep them motivated. Or the look they give me an hour later when they finish up and realize just how much that kartwheel worked.

I'm irritated. At my car. For needing a lot of tuning up before making a 3500 mile trek down, across, and then up the left side the country. And at myself. I totally just should have gotten the car serviced at 60,000 miles. My financial priorities just aren't in line sometimes.

And I'm anxious. Wishing I either had an entire month or only an hour to wait before I could get on the road. Still so much to do here. But SO much more to do and see everywhere else...

And on that note, I realize I just smiled. Might as well figure out places to stop while driving up PCH!!! Any ideas? Anyone?


1 comment:

a.maria said...

oooh, i know, you can TOTALLY drive straight thru the country and make a pit stop in good 'ole kansas city. theres nothing to do here and nada to see!! whoopee!!

or i guess you could, i suppose, go with the whole grand canyon, texas, coastal thing.

hmm. decisions, decisions...