Sunday, August 28, 2005

Furniture Fixation

My first day in San Francisco is drawing to a close. For the most part, I spent the day fixing up my room. Which involved a trip to IKEA, of course. I am beginning to worry that my obsession with IKEA is a little unhealthy. I only need to hit it up a few more times, though. Then I'll be able to stop, I promise. Cold turkey.

IKEA is great on many levels, but what I particularly appreciated today was the fact that the store layout is exactly the same as the layout in Woodbridge, VA. And College Park, MD. And King of Prussia, PA. See?!?!?! How can you NOT be obsessed with a store that is exactly the same, no matter where it is located?

This place still feels a little strange, but I know it will get better. Especially after I find a Target!

Put up some cool pics of the neighborhood. Check 'em out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dad says -- I saw your pictures and I remember those SF hills -- I sent you an email about walking up and down hills -- and how it is good for your heart, your cholesterol and your blood sugars. But did you really have to go 2900 miles just to walk up and down hills? What was wrong with Drexel Hill? Or the Hills at Tyler State Park?

Nic said...

Who would want to come visit me in Drexel Hill or Tyler State Park? ;)