Sunday, March 19, 2006

Back in Massachusetts

We talked. We laughed. We overanalyzed. We reminisced. We ate. We drank. We shopped. I cried. (Of course.)

But mostly, we laughed...

  • Nic, we should just get married to each other. We'll probably have the best sex of our lives.
  • No, feel my breasts.
  • (At a bar, in public, we feel her breasts.)
  • Aren't they so perky? ...See, I REALLY don't need to wear a bra.
  • You know if you get caught doing that they won't let you work with children...
  • AFS, why do you have to be SUCH a kill joy?
  • Nic, I can't believe you let him walk away from you.
  • I'm really not worried about it. He'll be back.
  • I can't get a Brazillian. Being a firecrotch is part of my identity.
  • Now, Nic, you said you didn't like him last night. Why is that?
  • GPSH, even YOU didn't like him last night.
  • Yeah, it's a 52 week training program. I'm only on week 2, though.
  • Oh. It's just that you talk about it like you've been doing it forever.
  • I know. I'm hoping to make it at least to week 6.
  • GPSH, they're ugs.
  • They're what?
  • Ugly... OK, well, at a minimum they're fucking funny. Especially since you thought to pair the mud brown with gold.
  • I was excited when you told me you were coming, really. Except that I was so stressed out about cleaning my room.
  • It's not that bad. Kind of sparse, though.
  • You know, I'm only going to be here for nine months, so I didn't want to unpack.
  • Look at my arm.
  • Ooh, AFS. It looks like a bite mark. Did one of your kids bite you?
  • No, GPSH. YOU bit me.
  • Pink. Pink. Brown.
  • Rat. Rat. Pig.
  • Look at me! I'm such an adult. I made dinner reservations.
  • Isn't it great to have smart friends around?
Yes, it is great to have smart friends around. Especially when they're the both of you. Even if your worst characteristic is laziness. Or a violent bitter drunken persona. With friends like you, it's no wonder you both say my best characteristic is my loyalty.

I miss you guys. Not sure if we'll ever meet up back in Massachusetts again, but I know the discussions, the hugs, the laughs, and the antics will continue wherever life takes you both next. Charlottesville.... and San Francisco, perhaps?

3 comments:

Brooke said...

So is the 52 week training program for a marathon?? Your post is too funny. Thanks for the laugh??

Nic said...

AFS is doing a 52 week weight training program, actually. One week in and she's doing a great job. And since I need to make weight training happen more often, I'm going to be her buddy and do it with her. She really was talking about it like she'd been at it for weeks. The girl is too funny. I miss you, AFS!

a.maria said...

"Look at me! I'm such an adult. I made dinner reservations."

that is so something i would say.