Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Round Here

I am busy. At work. And at home. I have things to do. And people to see. Places to go for dinner. I am the cause for rescheduling with friends. I feel rather popular. Which is good, because to be honest, I'm used to feeling popular. Well-liked, to be more humble about it. I like that feeling. It was missing out here for a while.

Out here, I am running better than I ever have in my life. Tempos. Hills. Intervals. Yassos. I am setting little PRs every day. And it is so encouraging to see improvements.

And I am eating so well, too. Out here my 'fridge is always stocked with spinach, peppers, onions, zuchinni, tomatoes, avocados, cottage cheese, and soy milk. Out here these foods do not go bad, as they did in my old fridge in DC.

I am wearing the most adorable outfit right now. If I do say so myself, I look good. It's amazing how good you can feel about yourself when your clothes fit nicely. Out here, for perhaps the first time in my entire life, I stand in front of my closet thinking, there is SO MUCH to wear.

Lately, it just feels like everything is coming together. Quite nicely, in fact. Out here. All these things I have done the past several months are congealing into the shape of my not-so-new -anymore life. Here. Each day it is feeling a little less "out." Each day it is starting to feel a little "'round." Round here.




10 comments:

running42k said...

Nice to read that things are going so well. I am always envious when I read about your runs. I love to run hills and there are so few around here. Maybe I should move.

Brooke said...

What an encouraging post. I'm still waiting to be content in my new surroundings, but I'm hoping to be singing the same praises soon.

a.maria said...

ok shhhhhh spain has morphed into shhhhh texas. (not eligible for spain program. first time work experience has been a BAD thing. gar.)

so reading this post def'ly gives me hope!

glad to hear everythings going so well!

little miss popular! ;)

pookalu said...

life really is so much easier sometimes when you can easily find things to wear....

Spikey1 said...

Love that song.. Counting Crows I believe!

Katie said...

this really made me smile for you. So happy that things are going well - keep it up!

walchka said...

I'm glad to hear that things continue to go so well. Nic and SF like two peas in a pod.

Cliff said...

Really liked that song as well.

Cliff said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
brent said...

hey ms popular! good vibes from this post, good stuff.

hey i bought the paperback version of sbd on my recent travels. think i'll be starting it after vaca (but not going nuts on vaca).