Thursday, March 09, 2006

Listing

I am a list person. Number 1 on my lists is always "Make a list." The next few items tend to be the high priority ones. After listing those, I normally like to list an item that I've already completed. Just so I can check it off. Because lists look better when the items on them are checked off. The last item on my list never gets done. Still, I write it down. It is my rebellion for being a list person.

I haven't really needed a list for a while. I just haven't had that much to do. Working in a dead end job, spending some time in semi-retirement, and not training for anything in particular will negate the need for list making.

However, I'm in Denver tonight. For work. And I have too much to do to be here. Not just too much work, but too much life. It is reminding me of those times in college when I felt like I had too much homework to actually go to class. Too much Pi Phi to attend a chapter meeting. Too much Dance Company to rehearse all night.

I'd like to make a list for the rest of my evening right now, but I don't know what to write down on the #2 spot. Because there's just so much to put there. This infuriates and yet excites me. For some reason, I like this feeling. I enjoy being comfortably uncomfortable. I seek chaos.

I am about to go to bed, but for the sake of sqeezing those last few items out of the day...

#1 - List
#2 - Read
#3 - Blog (see - I did this one already)
#4 - Sleep
#5 - Respond to work emails (see - that will wait until tomorrow)

5 comments:

Brooke said...

oh, I'm jealous. Denver is a beautiful city. Have a great time

pookalu said...

never been to denver.

but your list reminds me of the ten million ones i have posted all over my desk for experiments i'm supposed to get done by "whenever"...

i have one that's huge from october, then an post-it update on that list from novermber, then...man i'm slow. and a packrat.

walchka said...

Denver is a fun city. Highly recommend the Rio Grande. The food it good, but the margaritas are the best. There's a reason they limit you to three. :)

Oh and I think I need to find a job that travels.

Spikey1 said...

Been to that airport!

a.maria said...

YOU WERE A SORORITY GIRL?!?!??!!!!!!!!!????????!?!?!




....... well. i guess no one's perfect, eh?!?!

*wink*