Saturday, September 10, 2005

Home Alone

How come after you finish vacuuming it smells like barf? Am I the only person who describes the smell this way? Just wondering. I'd really like to see an engineer do something about the nasty post-vaccuum stench.

My first day alone in my new apartment and what was the first thing I did? I cleaned. Everything. NOW it's starting to feel like home.

Or maybe it just feels like home because I'm the only one here. Regardless, it's nice to be living alone again. Even if it's only for a weekend. I forgot how much I missed having a place to myself. Why do I INSIST on lying like that? I miss having my own place... pretty much constantly. I think about getting my own apartment out here a lot. When I walk into the house and see all the effing lint and dust on the stairs. And when I walk into the kitchen and see everyone's dirty dishes. During all the times I feel like talking to myself. Or singing really really loudly. And when I wake up in the morning and just want to walk around the apartment in my underwear and not offend anyone. (Or make them jealous.)

So, I think I'll relive the DC days and cook myself dinner and drink some wine by myself before going out tonight. Only this time, instead of sitting at my window and staring at The Ontario, I'll go up to the roof and watch the sunset beyond the Golden Gate.

Cheers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

After you vacuum -- you smell the emptiness -- after all, isn't that what a vacuum is -- emptiness? Also, after you barf, you smell the emptiness of your stomach -- thus the smell of barf and vacuum cleaning have the same odor -- it is quite simple. Dad.