Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Welcome Back, Wilson!

Sometimes I don't know how I ever functioned before Wilson came along. When he acts up, I am overcome by anxiety. I can't breathe. I can't concentrate. I have actually already been sweating each time he has done this before, but the glands always kick it into high gear in these situations, obviously in the form of upper lip and boob sweat. As if Wilson's lack of performance isn't bad enough, the Italian in me has to come out. In full bloom.

Mostly, though, my mind races. It tries to remember if I dropped Wilson at all. And then it tries to think about how to cover up those droppings. Because those "Geniuses" make you buy new Wilson's if you drop them, and I don't have $299 + 8.5% sales tax to get a FOURTH Wilson. I'd figure something out if I had to, of course. I certainly can't be expected to survive without 20GB of music in my pocket for more than a day or two, can I?

Luckily, Wilson's most recent crap
out, during today's afternoon run, wasn't fatal. He has an identity of his own now, and therefore can cling to life. Before, when he was just, My iPod, there was no point in holding on. Today the electronic CPR - a nice factory restore - got him going again. He is currently resting in the ICU, connected to Matilda, my 'puter, drinking in 2716 units of tunes. Next time, I will make sure to share my Gu and Propel with him. No more bonking, Wilson!

Now that it's over, I do feel a little silly for the way I handled the recent scare. It's just that today I added a TON of old school rap to the collection... and some Eminem and Kanye. Not to mention some Ween, in honor of The Deaner's 25th birthday. I'm feeling totally left out of the celebrations tonight, but now that Wilson's almost up and running again - he's slurping up tune #2215 now - I will pretend I'm there with the crew.

SO...
Welcome Back, Wilson!

And Happy 25th, Dean. You have more Phase Five pseudonyms than anyone else, by the way. Yikes... Let's not over anlyze that anytime soon. I REALLY hope you wore that shirt tonight, by the way.

No comments: