Wednesday, September 28, 2005

I Lose

I love lists. More importantly, I love to check things off of lists. I love checking off so much that I write things down I just did just so I can check them off. It's sick. I didn't check a goddamn thing off today.

True to form, though, I'm actually performing quite well at being such a waste. It started when I woke up at 5:45 a.m. with every intention to go to 6:00 a.m. yoga. The alarm sounded, I turned it off, walked down the hall to pee, and then got back in bed and slept for two more hours. Note that sleeping in my yoga clothes did nothing to help me get out the door this mornig. I lose.

Then I spent the bulk of my day not doing any of the work I should have done. I responded to an email here and there, yes. But I hesitated starting the project I needed to start because I was supposed to have a meeting at 11:00 A.M. Don't know what happened to the meeting. The dudes back in DC didn't even call to let me know it was canceled. Rather than just get started on my projects anyway, I spent an hour and a half (more like 3...) on iTunes creating new playlists for Wilson. I lose again.

And if we're being honest, I lose double on the meeting because I was actually looking forward to it.

This afternoon, I tried to finish up what I thought would be a very quick little exercise in Excel. Have I ever mentioned that I need to remove Excel from the list of applications in which I am proficient from my resume? I love 'puters and informaiton systems, but when it comes to adding and subtracting and multiplying, from here on out I'm sticking with a No. 2 Sanford American and some lined paper. If it gets tough, I'll hunt for my TI-83. It's still around here somewhere. Even having to go to the store to buy a new one would take less time than it took me to figure out what cell in my spreadsheet had the the wrong formula in it. Again. What am I, 0 for 3?

More like 0 for 11.

1) Go to the Post Office.
2) Set up wireless network in apartment
3) Call LEJ.
4) Renew renter's insurance.
5) Complete expense report.
6) Buy new printer cartridge.
7) Pick-up new pants from Banana.
8) Order new charger for Sonicare.

Soy un perdedor.

Actually, I did make it out to the television to watch the lovely SKB on The Apprentice: Martha Stewart. 1 for 11. Go Me! And go Sarah! It WAS a LEGITIMATE looking flower shop. You rule!

So for tomorrow, we will attempt to re-do Wednesday. With an additional To Do item at the top of the list: BUCK UP, NIC!

No comments: