Sunday, September 18, 2005

No Need for Novenas

Well that's settled.

After a very rough week "at" work, made worse by not only PMS but also the pending doom of parking tickets and what to do with my car, I ended the week with a Saturday night make-out. FINALLY.

See, the real issue isn't that it took three weeks to get some ass in San Francisco. I think three weeks is a respectable adjustment period for ass acquisition. The real issue is that I pay about $400/month for a car that has not accumulated more than 3 miles in the 3 weeks I've lived in San Francisco. I want to sell. Sock $400/month away for a couple of years. But what will life be like without a car?

It may be a litle rough, I know. Everyone keeps telling me to keep the car so I can get out of the city and go hiking and to the beach and to Napa. OK, I'm with you. Life in San Francisco only BEGINS in the city. But I've been thinking about it, and if I work a little harder at relations with the opposite sex, I might be able to kill two birds wth one stone, here. Car access plus regular spooning sessions. Think about it. It's a win-win anyway it's spun. Let's be honest - the secret to saving money has always rested with boyfriends. They pay for food, jewlery, and flowers. We, as girlfriends, in turn put out. In that order, nonetheless.

I'm not kidding. And there's no need for you to feel ashamed.

Back to my dilemma, I think selling a car and finding a boyfriend who has one is a solid plan. However, when I shared this plan with my father, he suggested I ask my grandmother to add this item to the list of her weekly prayers at church. (She has apparently taken to lighting candles and saying Novenas for me to pray for my happiness and success in San Francisco.) Thanks for the vote of confidence, Dad, but I don't think we'll be needing any Novenas.

I'm back in the saddle. Let the games begin!

5 comments:

Katie said...

Hey listen - I've heard far worse screening questions than "do you have a car?" :)

Unknown said...

Nic - First time ready and I am loving your blog. I think life in SF is very duable sans the car. But yes, that just depends if you want to get out and go somewhere else. There is so much life in the city that really, you really don't need a car there.

But think of it this way. You will be saving $400 each month now, but will you actually be able to get another car for the amount of money you have saved plus what you sold the car for?

I think once you've figured that out, you will know your choice...

a.maria said...

omg. i'm laughing out loud.

nice job on the make-out session. i'm heading to austin this weekend and DAMMIT there better at LEAST be a make-out session involved.
;)

good luck on the car decision. i say sell. but, what the hell do i know?!

Anonymous said...

Dad says ... I can argue both sides of this issue -- how far are you from a car rental place? How often will you really want a car on the weekend? Saving $400 in payments plus another $100 or so for insurance each month -- adds $500 in diposable income each month -- so that you can buy plane tickets to come visit your dad (and mom) and play golf with him once again on the east coast ... ha ha ha ...

freethoughtguy said...

Sell the car. Save money. No stress. Experience freedom.

Take it from me -- a nine year Nob Hill resident. I sold my car 5 years ago. There's plenty of rental agencies to get a car when you need one!