Monday, September 19, 2005

Red

I spent yesterday hung over. All day. It's my own fault. Not the drinking too much and not getting enough sleep on Saturday night part. (I made out, nothing to be blamed for there!) But how I dealt with it on Sunday.

Instead of eating a big, greasy breakfast, I ate something healthy. Which means the entire day I was not only hung over and tired, but I was also hungry. You know those days when you can't make yourself feel full? Those days suck. And they always start with a hangover and healthy breakfast.

Head pounding, I couldn't really think straight. I should have gone to In-N-Out Burger and got a hamburger or something. Instead, I decided to fill the void in my stomach with a new pet. That sounds bad. I didn't eat the pet. You know what I mean, though. We went to Pepco, and we purchased Red, and now I have a new Beta fish for a pet.

I'm not going to pretend that making this purchase was easy for me. Not only did the smell of Pepco worsen my headache, but the guilt of replacing Murph made me quite nauseous. Red seems like he'll be a good fish, though. And since he's red and not blue, I am feeling a little less guilty about Murph.

I will post a picture of Red as soon as I can find my camera wires.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dad says ... if you start drinking Scotch you wouldn't have these hangovers. Don't drink anything with bubbles -- those bubbles make the alcohol rise to your brain -- and thus the hangover headache the next day. Drink your Scotch - either smooth or with a splash of H2O or 1 ice cube.