Thursday, April 27, 2006

Dream Boy

My Dad says that the most important information in the newspaper is found in the comics. Yes, snippets of life's most treasured lessons and commentary on the state of the world can be found somewhere between Doonsburry and Cathy. (I cannot STAND Cathy!)

If only "Calvin and Hobbes" was still in publication, though. I'd probably still read the newspaper A1 to E16 every day if I could stop on E15 to catch a flashback of my youth in this adorable child.

Seriously, though. Isn't it pretty impressive how one can apply a Calvin strip to nearly every aspect of my life? Dude, he's even got TRAINING covered!


And again...


I miss Calvin so much it hurts, sometimes. It really hurts.

On the other hand, if Calvin is no longer in print, that means he's getting older. Do you think he's in his late 20s yet?

I wonder if he's figured out a way to make that Transmogrifier really work. I could probably help him out with that. And I bet if we put out some fliers, we could pull a Calvin Ball team together in no time. Hopefully he's over that morbid snowman phase. That was quite a clear cry for therapy. As long as Susie's not around to ruin things, and he's given up on being Dictator for Life of GROSS (the Get Rid of Slimy girlS Club) I'm pretty sure I have a good chance with Late 20s Calvin.

Ooooh, this is going to be AWESOME.

9 comments:

Brooke said...

Will you let the tiger be in the wedding?

That's a cute post.

pookalu said...

I LOVE C&H. one of my favorite comics.

other comics i wish would come back:

bloom county
the far side

but of course, since i'm year of the tiger, hobbes is my fave.

mouse said...

but you would never be number 1 in his life, Nic. You'd always be compared to a stuffed tiger. are you sure you could handle that? :)

like the new look, by the way.

walchka said...

Calvin and Hobbes is one of my favorite comics. Hobbes wouldn't stand a chance once you entered the picture.

I feel like such a slacker. 4 comments before 7 AM. I need to start getting up earlier to post comments.

Cliff said...

The second comic is sooo funny.. :)..too true too true...higher the number the more fun i have. :)

Anonymous said...

Calvin doesn't age - that's the beauty. When "The Complete Calvin and Hobbes" came out last fall, I spent about 2 hours in the most awesome bookstore in Denver trying to read all 3,000+ strips. The $150 for the books is probably worth it just to read Watterson's intro. Anyway...happy Friday!!

Mike said...

Nic- i'm sure "late 20's Calvin" is out there somewhere...when you least expect it, you'll bump right into him!:-)

Joe said...

Hilarious comics! Thanks for sharing, Nic!

Katie said...

and it's so frustrating b/c Watterson is really tight-lipped about doing interviews so there's not much out there about his inspiration, etc. Genius.