Thursday, April 13, 2006

The Drones

"Oooooh. Eeeeh. Aaaaah."

It's from a movie. When Harry Met Sally. Specifically, when? When Harry is on the phone with Sally before going to bed one night. He is not doing all that well since his divorce, and Sally, slightly irritated, tries to get off of the phone with him. When she says good night, Harry responds that he plans to stay up a little while longer just to moan.

"Oooooh. Eeeeh. Aaaaah."

That wasn't from a movie. That was me. DAG, YO! I am tired. Beat up. Broken-down. Done in and Tuckered out.

"Oooooh. Eeeeh. Aaaaah."

And today was a REST day.

"Oooooh. Eeeeh. Aaaaah."

But it sure does feel good to drone on like that.

"Oooooh. Eeeeh. Aaaaah."

The week is more than half way over. 20 miles down, 25 miles to go.

Oh, what the hell, one more for prosperity.

"Oooooh. Eeeeh. Aaaaah."

4 comments:

walchka said...

25 miles left, and here I was fretting about my 10 miler on Saturday. I feel like such a lightweight. Then again that's why you are the RG. :)

pookalu said...

just reading this makes my muscles achy.

Jay said...

"DAG, YO!"

I moan everytime I breathe, but then that's more of a wheeze than a moan.

Brooke said...

That is my favorite movie!! My husband quoted one of the lines from that movie to me (I shouldn't be telling this....but) when we got engaged. He said..."When you meet the person you want to spend the rest of your life with, you want the rest of your life to begin as soon as possible." Okay, everyone all together....ahhh.

Good luck finishing out your week. I pooped out of a 3 mile run today. It was HOT outside.