Friday, May 26, 2006

Beckoning

I'll admit that back then, when the plans came together, I was scheming. But only a little bit. Because on that first day that we met, we did bond over our mutual taste in music. Especially his music.

So, when I got an email announcing the show at The Fillmore (The Fillmore!!!!) in May, I emailed him and asked if he planned on going. He didn't even know about the show, though. But how do you say no once you know about it? Insider information like this is a CALLING.

So I got tickets, and we pined over them for 40 days.

And honestly, I was prepared to just go as friends. Because the only thing I can't seem to find in this amazing city is a real Guy Friend. And because it's less wierd to pine over a man and his guitar when someone else is pining over him and his guitar, too.

And so we pined. All day at work exchanging emails. Then after work exchanging voicemails. Throughout my afternoon run that I didn't want to do, but because of the SUMMONS I completed with relative ease. Yes, up and down four miles of some of the steepest and fastest hills of San Francisco, which I finished in 36 minutes. Almost stopping to walk on the way back up to Lyon but only almost. (Because when you're listening to him while knowing that you are about to SEE him - and HIM - you just feel like a total bad ass. No - you ARE a total bad ass. You are being summoned. And you don't stop to walk during a summons.)

The show was AWESOME. And HE is awesome. However I wish I could figure out if HE is a natural flirt or if he is trying to tell me something. With his eyes and his smile. And his lingering when our arms touch. His hand on my neck when we talk.

Dude, are you asking me to try to kiss you? AGAIN?

Oh, what I wouldn't give to hear a, "Hell Yes."

"I'm moving this way, I'm doing this thing.
Please enjoy.
Hell yes now I'm turning it on, I'm working my legs.
Hell yes now I'm calling you out, I'm switching my plates.
Peace and joy.
Hell yes now I'm cleaning the floor, my beat is correct."

But for now, it's just our song... (And my beat is SO correct!)

8 comments:

Brooke said...

ahh love. Good luck. I hope your signals are correct. Musicians are sexy.

pookalu said...

oooh, this is getting good! i love scheming, if only for a little bit. (and beck is also worth it....)

Habeela said...

Great post! Beck is awesome!

a.maria said...

hells yeah you're a bad ass.

no. not just a bad ass. you're a BAMF. and please tell me you know who Dane Cook is, otherwise BAMF is totally lost on you!

Joe said...

I think all signals are go. Next time, lean in and plant one!

Cliff said...

It's all about signals!

So will we see phase six coming soon? :)

R.E.M. Borja said...

i feel giddy for you.

walchka said...

All signs point to yes...