Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Slothful

On Sunday I staggered. And it was fantastic.

On Monday I slugged. Tired and still hazy. But I only had a few more hours to enjoy with TLY and I had to make them count.

On Tuesday I shlepped. Down the hill to work and from meeting to meeting all day. And because I think TLY still has my bus pass, I shlepped up up up to the top of the hill to get home.

Slumberous, I sit on my bed right now. I can barely sustain open eyelids let alone a 9:00/mile pace. My legs aren't sore, but they're quite angry. At the ten miles of trail running I completed on Sunday out at Tennessee Valley in Marin County. And at the six miles of urban hiking from Nob Hill to the Haight and back that rounded out Saturday afternoon. Not to mention the trip from Bay almost to Breakers.

Who knew a seven mile walk could turn a marathoner into such a sloth.

4 comments:

Mike said...

Nic- i can relate to the slothful vibe....really need to kick my ass back into gear here soon! Great pics from the BtB...that shot of you behind naked guy is classic!:-)

Brooke said...

Hey--at least you had a good time. It's worth getting a little "slothy" every now and then.

walchka said...

Ya just need a little rest before you and your legs spring back into action. They carried you well over the weekend so they’re taking a couple of vacation days.

Joe said...

It sounds like you need a long sleep or perhaps a lunchtime nap in the car (that's what I do after a hard run the night before...now half the guys in my department do it too).